CAUTION: ere is undergoing re-tooling and is not available at this time.
ere:||Elein's Reporting Engine|
| ReRun:||An example PHP Web application to maintain a report registry schema and to run dynamic reports.
ere is a perl based report engine. It takes an XML-like/HTML document
which specifies the report query in SQL and the report format in HTML.
Using this template it produces an HTML page consisting of reports.
- Full featured HTML can generate well designed reports.
- Arguments and Variables are substituted within the report at runtime.
- Multiple queries as well as multiple breaks for each query can be run
in the same report.
- Parallel CSV (comma separated value) files can
be generated for the report queries in order for people to upload
the data into spreadsheets.
- Database connectivity with PostgreSQL
is implemented using Pg.
ReRun is an example application which runs ere reports dynamically from
the web. It is based on a report registry database schema. The ReRun
application enables updating the report registry and running the reports
dynamically. It is meant only as a template for writing your own integrated
report runner and as a way to maintain your report registry.